Churro Cupcakes: Transform your favorite cinnamon treat into a cupcake! Next time you have a fiesta make sure you add these Churro Cupcakes to the dessert list. Like the snickerdoodle this cupcake is full of cinnamon flavor and is topped with a delicious light and fluffy CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. Add a sombrero topper and you have a cupcake worthy of a Fiesta Party or a Cinco de Mayo Celebration!
Another layer of flavor Bonus…TOASTED COCONUT
I love these churro cupcakes! Want to add another layer of flavor? Try adding a sprinkle toasted coconut to the tops of the cupcakes.
Tips for Tender Moist Cupcakes
- Good ingredients equals great taste. To send your guests straight to cupcake heaven use only the best ingredients. Like real butter, real vanilla and dark dutch cocoa.
- Never over bake a cupcake. You can never save an over baked cupcake. You’re doing it right when your cupcakes look slightly sunken, rather than peaked. Test them with a toothpick if you’re unsure–if no batter clings to the pick, they’re done.
- Mix batter with a light hand. Baking fluffy, moist cupcakes is all about creating air bubbles in your batter that expand in the oven. If you over mix your batter, you collapse those bubbles. To avoid this mix on a low speed, stopping just as all ingredients blend.
- Let all ingredients come to room temperature before baking. All ingredients incorporate into batter mush more easily if they’re at similar temperatures.
- Baking in advance? Freeze cupcakes. If you’re baking to eat right away, we recommend storing cupcakes at room temperature. But if they’re for tomorrow, freezing will retain their moisture much better than leaving them on a counter overnight.
How to Store Frosting
Tips for a Light and Fluffy Frosting
- Good ingredients “real” butter not margarine
- Room temperature ingredients
- Be patient…you’ll need to whip the frosting at least 3 to 5 minutes (sometimes I do this step twice). This will allow air to incorporate into the butter and create the lightness you want.
- That’s it! It’s really not as hard as you might think.
How to make Churro Cupcakes
Churro Ice Cream
MORE FIESTA DESSERT RECIPES
PLANNING A FIESTA? LOOK BELOW FOR ALL THE FIESTA PARTY SUPPLIES (CREATED BY ME) FROM LADY BEHIND THE PARTY
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
THANKS FOR VISITING♥