Splurge with these Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp appetizers and bring a taste of summer to your party. Add Cranberry Pear Envelope Appetizers, Potato Fans and Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels to the mix and you have a delicious appetizer table.
This beautiful Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp appetizer will bring a little bit of sophistication to your party and add perfection to any appetizer table.
Preparing the shrimp is easy; Using a sharp knife and staring at the tail end, butterfly each shrimp
Form about 3 tablespoons crab mixture into an ball. Place on top of shrimp, pressing the shrimp tail over the crab.
NOT ONLY DELICIOUS BUT BEAUTIFUL TOO!
Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ( 8 ounce) containers crab meat
- 30 round buttery crackers (like Ritz)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 large (jumbo) shrimp, raw and peeled (tails on)
- OPTIONAL: 1 lemon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 5 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add bell pepper, remaining 5 tablespoons butter, wine and garlic.
- Cook until tender (about 4 minutes).
- In a large bowl, add crab meat, onion mixture, cracker crumbs, panko, red pepper, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife and staring at the tail end, butterfly each shrimp.
- Place each butterflied shrimp on prepared pan, pressing to flatten.
- Form about 3 tablespoons crab mixture into an ball.
- Place on top of shrimp, pressing the shrimp tail over the crab.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp and crab mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Squeeze fresh lemon juice over cooked appetizer.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE GREAT SHRIMP RECIPES