Easter Oreo Cookie Eggs: These easy to make Easter treats are perfect for gifting to a teacher or placing on your Easter dessert table. Transform everyone’s favorite cookie into an Easter dessert everyone will love.
How to Make Easter Oreo Cookie Eggs
- Instead of using vanilla candy, use milk or dark chocolate
- Use a different cookie (EX. peanut butter cookies with melted chocolate for a Reece’s Peanut butter cup)
- Swap the cream cheese frosting for strawberry frosting and use sugar cookies for strawberry shortcake
- Change the colors of the candy melts to suit your color theme
What are Candy Melts?
HOW TO DECORATE THESE EASTER EGGS WITH CANDY MELTS
- Decide on the colors.
- Pour ONE cup of each color into small microwave safe bowls.
- Heat 1 minute on high, stir. If the candy does not become creamy, continue to heat 30 seconds at 60% heat.
- Pour creamy candy melts into small squeeze bottles (usually found in the store with the candy melts) or piping bags.
- In a back and forth motion add the lines.
- IF USING SUGAR SPRINKLES, skip the drizzle and while the candy is soft add the sprinkles.
Not Just for the Dessert Table
- PARTY FAVORS: Why hand out party favors? 1. It’s a great way of saying “Thank You” for coming to my party. 2. A party favor serves as a reminder to your guest of the great time they had.
- EASTER BASKET: Replace some of the store bought goodies with homemade goodies.
- BAKE SALE: As mentioned above these treats are very versatile and can be made in several different ways….perfect for a bake sale.
MORE HOMEMADE EASTER BASKET TREAT IDEAS
- 6 ounces of cream cheese flavored store bought frosting, divided
- 1 (15.5 ounce) package Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 package vanilla bark
- assorted candy melt colors
- sugar sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one row of cookies into the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until finely crushed. Repeat this process with each remaining row.
- Once all the cookies are crushed, add the frosting (ONE TABLESPOON AT A TIME). Blend until well combined and the cookies form a ball.
- Form into a ball, pinch the end to form an oval egg like shape.
- Place in the freezer 15 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave vanilla bark (according to the package instructions)
- Drop cookie egg into the melted candy, completely coat, take out of the candy with a fork and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- IMPORTANT: If you are coating some of the eggs with sugar sprinkles, BEFORE the egg is placed on the cookie sheet, hold the egg (on the fork) over another bowl and add the sugar sprinkles. THEN PLACE ON THE PREPARED COOKIE SHEET.
- Melt accent colors (for drizzle), pour into a small squeeze bottle or piping bag, snip the end of the piping bag and in a back and forth motion add the drizzle. Use one color or multiple! Set aside to harden.