Game Day Cheese Steak Sandwich | This sandwich is piled high with roast beef, peppers and onions but the star of the show is the creamy cheese. Originally named Philly Cheesesteak from Philadelphia Pa. This sandwich lends tons of flavor and is the perfect sandwich for your hungry game watchers. I recently visited Philadelphia and of course had a cheesesteak! We went for a wonderful gooey delicious cheesesteak. This is my version of that sandwich. I only use Sargento® Sliced Cheese unlike pasteurized process cheese (American singles) this cheese is 100% real, natural cheese with NO pasteurized process cheese food. Did you know that American singles is only required to contain 51% real cheese while Sargento® Sliced Cheese is always 100% real natural cheese? Yep…that’s right… and that’s why I always serve my family Sargento®. Slice onion and bell pepper and sauté. Lightly grill roast beef in the same skillet and chop. Toast rolls. Pile veggies on toasted rolls. Add one or two slices of Sargento® sliced cheese on top of veggies and roast beef. Great news! There are tons of Sargento® flavors to choose from!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound deli roast beef, sliced thin
- 6 slices of Sargento® sliced Provolone
- 3 sandwich rolls
- In a medium skillet sauté onions in oil until right before tender.
- Add the bell pepper slices to the onions plus the salt and pepper.
- Sauté until all vegetables are tender; remove from pan.
- Quickly warm up the roast beef in the same pan and chop.
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise; spread on butter and broil until toasted.
- Pile on a layer of onions, pepper and beef.
- Add one to two slices of cheese.
- Broil until the cheese is melted.