Gooey Homemade Brown Butter Brownies: Walnuts and Toffee Bits add crunch while brown butter adds a nutty flavor to these fudgy brownies. This delicious brownie recipe from scratch is just like the regular brownie recipe with one added step (brown butter) that makes a huge difference!
BROWN BUTTER RECIPES
- I LOVE BROWN BUTTER, AND THIS BROWNIE RECIPE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE WAYS TO USE IT. This is just a small portion of recipes using brown butter. Click here for over 10 recipes using brown butter→BROWN BUTTER RECIPES
How to Make Brown Butter
- In a small saucepan bring the butter to a boil on medium high, constantly stirring (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Once butter starts to foam you know you’re close (like 30 seconds close).
- Use the spoon to pull away the top coat (foam) of the butter; when you can see that the butter has reached a caramel color it is done!
- Pour into a jar; cool on the counter.
- Place a lid on and store in the refrigerator.
This recipe has TWO kinds of chocolate, cocoa powder and chocolate chunks. You can also add a third by adding chocolate chips to the batter.
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER: You can use regular unsweetened, Hershey’s Special Dark (my favorite) or Dutch Process
- SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHUNKS: You can use any bakers semisweet chocolate. My favorite is from Trader Joe’s
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Use your favorite, mine is Ghirardelli.
- Pecans or peanuts
- Mini or regular size M&M’s
- Candy Bar chunks
- Espresso Powder (ONLY 1 TEASPOON)
- White Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Pretzels
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES
- SEMI HOMEMADE SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIES
- CHEWY PEANUT BRITTLE BROWNIES
- RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- CHOCOLATE FROSTED BROWNIES
- CHERRY CABERNET BROWNIES