Graham Cracker Topper | Add this topper to your cheesecake in a jar! Slide in an appetizer size spoon and serve your guests the cutest Valentine’s Day Dessert!
Roll out the dough, cut into 2 1/2-inch circles and stamp out a mini heart with a cookie cutter.
Once the cookies are baked the heart may close up a little. While the cookie is still hot use the heart cutter to open it back up.
Place on top of a half pint jar filled with NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE and add a spoon.
Graham Cracker Topper
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup mild flavored honey, such as clover
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together using a mixer fitted with the paddle.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture is the consistency of a coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl; whisk together the honey, milk and vanilla.
- Add the honey mixture to the flour mixture and mix on low until the dough barely comes together. Lay out on a large piece of plastic wrap and dust it lightly with flour, then turn the dough out onto it and pat it into a rectangle about 1-inch thick.
- Wrap it, then chill it until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- On a well floured surface roll dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
- The dough will be sticky, so flour as necessary.
- Cut dough into desired shapes I used a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Use a 3/4-inch heart and cut in one corner.
- Place the cracker on one or two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Chill until firm, about 30 to 40 minutes in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until browned and slight firm to the touch.
- While the cookies are still hot, you may have to cut the heart out again (mine closed).
- Cool completely and place on the filled half pint jars.
- Jars are filled with Strawberry Cheesecake.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES