Having some ladies over for a meeting or just to visit? This Honey Walnut Tea Cake is what you’ll want to serve with some delicious tea.
This Honey Walnut Tea Cake is not a sweet cake. If you want to sweeten it up a bit I suggest adding my easy to make HOT FUDGE SAUCE. Add a drizzle or pour into small containers for dipping.
Having a tea? Make this cake in mini form to serve with tea.
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Optional: confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the chopped walnuts in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the butter, honey and eggs.
- Add flour mixture, sour cream and remaining walnuts.
- Mix until combined.
- Gently pour batter over the walnuts.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain