TIME TO SPLASH IN THE POOL AND ENJOY SOME FUN POOLSIDE TREATS!
These Jello Life Saver Cookies are chewy and full of delicious fruity flavor.
Normally Jello cookies are round but to go along with a pool theme I decided to make them in my donut pan.
You can make them all one flavor or do like I did and make four flavors from one recipe.
Jello Life Saver Cookies
- 3-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 -3 ounce boxes of jello (use any flavors you want)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divided dough into 4 sections.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons onto each section.
- Knead or beat with the mixer to combine.
- You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
- Shape dough into 6 equal size balls.(per section)
- NOTE: If using more then one flavor work with one flavor at a time.
- Sprinkle the rest of the jello powder into a bowl.
- Flatten one ball in the bowl with the extra jello powder and sprinkle with the powder.
- Form into a 7-inch rope.
- Dip the ends into water, wrap around the donut form and pinch the ends together.
- NOTE: Each color makes 6 cookies.
- Press down the dough to even it out.
- Sprinkle with more of the leftover jello powder.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon with a round handle push down the sides of the cookie and the center.
- I did this step to ensure the center in the middle was visible and didn't fill in from the bottom.
- Continue baking 5 more minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan.
- Carefully remove.
- TIP: I used an offset spatula.
FOR MORE FUN POOL PARTY IDEAS:
I SHARED THIS IDEA/RECIPE AT THESE PARTIES
MONDAY: Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Be Mopping The Floor; Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms; The Bulletin Board @Mrs. Happy Homemaker; Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple; Market Yourself Monday @Sumos Sweet Stuff; Made By You Monday @ Skip To My Lou; Craft O Maniac Monday @ Craft O Maniac; Mix It Up Monday @ Flour Me With Love; Sunday Showcase Party @ Under The Table and Dreaming TUESDAY: Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy’s Recipe Box; Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts; Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef In Training; Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just a Housewife; Tasteful Tuesdays by Naptime Creations; Time to Sparkle Tuesday @ Inside BruCrew Life; Two Cup Tuesday @ Pint Sized Baker; All My Bloggy Friends @ Love Bakes Good Cakes; WEDNESDAY: Lil’ Luna Link Party @ Lil’ Luna; Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts; Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims; Back for Seconds Social @ Back for Seconds; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday @ Buns In My Oven; Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hungry Little Girl; Two Girls and a Party @ Life with the Crust Off; THURSDAY: Catch A Glimpse Thursday @ A Glimpse Inside; Show Me Extraordinary Link Party @ 36th Avenue; Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage; Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple; Chic and Crafty Party @ The Frugal Girls.com; Tasty Thursday’s @ The Mandatory Mooch: Thursday’s Treasures Link Party @ Chocolate, Chocolate and More FRIDAY: Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello; Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home; Weekend Show Off Party @ Ladybird Ln.; Pitty Party @ Thirty Handmade Days; Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm; I’m Lovin’ It Fridays @ Tidy Mom; Friday Flair @ WhipperBerry; Foodie Friday @ Simple Living with Dian Balch; What’s Shakin Link Party @ Shakin Together; Create & Inspire @ a Night Owl; SATURDAY: Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff; Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors; Best of the Weekend Party @ Little Miss Celebration; SUNDAY: Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes; Church Supper @ Everyday Moms Meals; Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Naptime; Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things;