Brace yourself before you take of bite of this creamy Lemon Gooey Butter Cake. I promise if you don’t you will fall over from sheer delight! 🙂
This Lemon Gooey Butter Cake totally lives up to it’s name. With a wonderful almost cookie like crust, creamy center and crunchy top. Delish!
Lemon Gooey Butter Cake
For the Cake
- lemon cake mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 - 16 ounce box confectioners' sugar
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, lemon zest, egg, butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the eggs, lemon extract and butter and beat together.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into squares.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain