Light Caramel Popcorn low on calories but tastes like REAL CARAMEL CORN! At only 110 calories per serving (1-1/4 cups). A nice snack to have in your pantry, serve at a party or give as a hostess gift.
I made this Light Caramel Popcorn for movie night and no one knew it wasn’t the real thing! The addition of honey helps the popcorn turn a delicious caramel color, caramelizes in the oven and gives the popcorn the yummy caramel hard shell.
- 13 cups freshly popped corn
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Splenda sweetener
- 1/2 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Put popped corn in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine the egg white, honey, vanilla, salt and Splenda in mixing bowl, whisk until blended.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Pour mixture over popped corn, toss with hands to coat.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes; Stir occasionally.
- Remove from oven, slide the parchment with the popcorn on top onto the counter to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE MOVIE TIME TREATS