I love cream based soups but never allow myself to have them because of the high calories. This light creamed potato soup is only 80 calories per serving (3/4 cup). It offers tons of flavor and a creamy base.
Change up the recipe and add broccoli, corn and cheese. (Don’t forget to adjust the calories) 🙂
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 small onion cut into eighths
- 4 green onions coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 - 10-1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup milk ( I used 2% so the calorie count was even lower)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- chives, chopped for garnish
- Combine potatoes, onion, green onions, garlic, thyme and broth.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Reserve 1 cooked potato (8 pieces) and chop.
- Discard sprig of thyme
- Process the remaining mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Combine pureed mixture with milk, salt, pepper and chopped potato.
- Optional-Sprinkle chopped chives on top of soup.
This is a LBC original!
Nutrition InformationServing Size 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 80