When that urge to snack hits me late at night and I want something good. I choose to have this guilt free Light Vanilla Cherry Chocolate Frozen Yogurt!
This frozen yogurt is creamy and full of mini chocolate chips.
Putting aside that this recipe is a light recipe it would be amazing along side a big slice of these CLASSIC BROWNIES.
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar free with Splenda cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Use a hand mixer to combine the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, 1/2 cup cherry pie filling, vanilla and cherry extracts until combined.
- Turn the ice cream machine on; pour the yogurt mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes or as your machine instructs.
- During the last 5 minutes add the remaining cherry pie filling and mini chocolate chips.
- If you prefer the yogurt to be firm transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container and freeze for an additional 2 hours.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain