A wonderful tart with a almond and macaroon crust filled with a almond flavored cream and topped with fruit. This peaches & cream tart light dessert is perfect for a summer or spring brunch.
Peaches & Cream Tart
For the Crust
- 2 cups crumbled soft (store bought) coconut macaroon cookies (about 1 - 13 ounce package)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced or 3 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, crumble the cookies. NOTE: You will need to do this in two batches.
- Pour cookie crumbs into a large bowl.
- Process the almonds.
- Pour the cookies crumbs back into the food processor with the almonds and add the melted butter.
- Process until blended.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Filling:
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In another bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in orange juice and extracts.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over crust.
- Arrange peaches and raspberries over filling.
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and honey.
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted.
- Brush over fruit.
- Store in the refrigerator.