A twist on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich! These peanut butter & jelly rounds are an easy treat to make and would be great for an after school snack or how about at a Bunco party!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Rounds
- 2 cups peanut butter morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup jam or jelly
- 50 round buttery crackers
- Spread 1 scant teaspoon jam on flat side of 1 cracker; top with another cracker.
- Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- While the crackers are chilling prepare the peanut butter dip.
- Make a double boiler by adding water to a medium saucepan and putting a glass boil on top making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Combine the peanut butter morsels and the shortening in the bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Bring the water to a slow boil.
- Stir morsels until melted and smooth.
- Take pan off heat but leave the bowl over the hot water.
- Dip chilled crackers in the melted morsels by submerging the bottom cracker until the mixture reaches the top cracker.
- Using 2 forks flip the sandwich over to coat and shake off any excess melted morsels.
- Place on waxed-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Chill until set (about 30 minutes)
MORE GREAT AFTER SCHOOL SNACK RECIPES
1. KID’S CHOCOLATE FLOAT 2. OATMEAL COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH 3. VANILLA PUDDING POPS 4. BROWN SUGAR ZUCCHINI COOKIES