A twist on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich! These peanut butter & jelly rounds are an easy treat to make and would be great for an after school snack or how about at a Bunco party!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Rounds
Fun after school snack.
- 2 cups peanut butter morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup jam or jelly
- 50 round buttery crackers
- Spread 1 scant teaspoon jam on flat side of 1 cracker; top with another cracker.
- Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- While the crackers are chilling prepare the peanut butter dip.
- Make a double boiler by adding water to a medium saucepan and putting a glass boil on top making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Combine the peanut butter morsels and the shortening in the bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Bring the water to a slow boil.
- Stir morsels until melted and smooth.
- Take pan off heat but leave the bowl over the hot water.
- Dip chilled crackers in the melted morsels by submerging the bottom cracker until the mixture reaches the top cracker.
- Using 2 forks flip the sandwich over to coat and shake off any excess melted morsels.
- Place on waxed-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Chill until set (about 30 minutes)