Instead of a sweet sauce these Picadillo Sloppy Joes are savory with a little heat.
In less then an hour your family can be enjoying these delicious and healthy Picadillo Sloppy Joes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dried currents or raisins
- 2 1/4 ounces pitted green olives, chopped (about 12)
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 6 thick slices
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink and crumble.
- Add oregano, cumin, cinnamon, water, currents, olives, tomato sauce, cilantro, vinegar and jalapeno.
- Cook covered at a simmer 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Add onion slices, grill until tender and browned (about 4 minutes on each side)
- Remove onions from grill pan.
- Place buns, on grill pan about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Place lettuce on bun, 1/2 cup beef mixture, onion and but top.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1/2 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 323
MORE MAIN DISH LIGHT RECIPES