Pistachio Cream Cheese Frosting: A creamy easy to make frosting with a hint of pistachio flavor. This delicious pistachio pudding frosting has only a few ingredients. Perfect for cupcakes, sheet cakes, layer cakes and cookies.
How to Make Pistachio Pudding Frosting
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding powder
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- Whip together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until creamy.
- If pipping on frosting, sift pudding mix (the mix comes with pieces of pistachios) into the cream cheese mixture. If not then pour the dry pudding mix into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gradually beat in dry pudding mix and powdered sugar until frosting reaches spread or pipping consistency.
- If frosting is too thick add milk or water.
- Continue whipping until the frosting is light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).