Poached Fruit Topping, a combination of dried fruit poached in a sugar free cranberry juice. The perfect way to end a meal.
You don’t have to wait for your favorite fruit to be in season to make this wonderful Poached Fruit Topping. I used dried fruit, poached it in sugar free cranberry juice with orange rind strips and a cinnamon stick. Serve it warm over Frozen Vanilla Yogurt and toasted almond slivers for a light dessert! For a richer option serve it over my Chocolate Pound Cake.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar free or no sugar added cranberry juice
- 2 orange rind strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package of mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- To a small saucepan add the juice, orange rind, fruit and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain