I received product from SweetWorks for this post. All opinions are 100% mine.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. To show support for my ladies I decided to create this fun Pretty in Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Popcorn. Bag up and add to a gift basket for a raffle or a gift. Hand out to the ladies at work or for a bake sale.
This Pretty in Pink Break Cancer Awareness Popcorn is coated with a sweet candy mixture much like what you would use to make popcorn balls. All I did was add pink food coloring to the sugar mixture. But, what really makes this sweet/salty popcorn a treat is the addition of Shimmer Bright Pink Sixlets and Light Pink Hearts Sweet Shapes from SweetWorks.
For an added bonus I made my own paper container and tag.
MAKE YOUR OWN PAPER CONTAINER
- 4 quarts popped pocorn
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pink gel food coloring (enough to reach desired color)
- optional: pink sprinkles, pink ribbons, pink sixlets, pink hearts
- Once the popcorn is popped, pour into a large bowl.
- Measure popcorn and pour into another large bowl.
TIP: The reason I move the popcorn from one bowl to another is to ensure I don't have any kernels that didn't pop.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray TWO cookie sheets with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat stir in vanilla and food coloring.
- Pour over popcorn; toss to coat.
- Separate popcorn into two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour onto a counter lined with foil to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS IDEAS