Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava. SAME GREAT RECIPE FROM 2012 JUST WITH NEW INFORMATION AND NEW PICTURES! This wonderful holiday treat is topped with a semi homemade crispy topping (store bought crescent rolls), filled with chopped nuts and topped with an incredible honey syrup. This melt in your mouth dessert is not a typical dessert your would find at a party! So…who says you have to make the ‘typical’ dessert? Make your favorite Christmas dessert like a pro—no one has to know you didn’t make your own dough.
What is Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava
How to make Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava
For the Crust and Filling:
- Unroll dough into a 1 x 13 inch baking dish (do not grease)
- Press over the bottom and ½ inch up the sides.
- Firmly press the seams together.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon—evenly spread over partially baked crust.
- Unroll remaining can of dough
- Lay on top of the nut mixture
- Press out to the edges of the pan.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, cut dough into desired shape (see below chart)
For the Honey Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, butter and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Spoon half of the glaze evenly over the top of the dough
- Return (remember the bottom crust already is partially baked) the Baklava to the oven, bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon remaining glaze over hot baklava.
- Cool Completely
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Cut Baklava
- Square Cut: First, cut vertically into strips then horizontally
- Triangle Cut: First, cut vertically into strips, then horizontally and finally diagonally
- Diamond Cut: First, cut vertically into strips, then diagonally
NEVER MISS A POST
HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES
- MINI EGGNOG CHEESECAKES WITH A RUM CARAMEL DRIZZLE
- WHITE CHRISTMAS VANILLA SWISS CAKE ROLL
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS EGGNOG TRUFFLES
- MERRY AND BRIGHT MARSHMALLOW FILLED CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
- GINGERBREAD WINTER WONDERLAND CAKE
- RASPBERRY ZINGER CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
- PEPPERMINT MARSHMALLOW FILLED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- ITALIAN CREAM CHRISTMAS CUPCAKE PULL APART
- COCONUT PECAN CHRISTMAS CAKE