Red Velvet Rocky Road Cupcakes| Make a all time favorite semi homemade version of the best Red Velvet Rocky Road Cupcakes. Because nothing beats a Red Velvet Cupcake piled high with chocolate mousse, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts and drizzled with a chocolate glaze! This recipe is quick and easy to make. With only a few ingredients (that I bet you already have on hand) you can create a delicious dessert. No one has to know that they started with a cake mix, but if they did they wouldn’t care!
No fancy piping tips for this cupcake! All you need is an ice cream scoop. If you are having a hard time finding a red velvet cake mix, you can also use a milk chocolate cake mix; add a one ounce bottle of red food coloring to the batter and you’ll get the same result as a red velvet cake mix. By keeping a few ingredients on hand you can have these cupcakes ready in minutes. Perfect for last minute entertaining or for taking to the office and giving to a sick friend.
Red Velvet Rocky Road Cupcakes
For the Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
For the Red Velvet Mousse
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
For the Chocolate Glaze
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Red Velvet Cupcakes:
- Heat oven to 350°: line muffin tin with 12 muffin cup liners.
- Reserve 1-2/3 cups light packed cake mix (dry).
- Beat remaining cake mix, the water, oil, and eggs: beat until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups to HALF full.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack in muffin cups.
For the Red Velvet Mousse:
- While the cupcakes are cooling, mix together the cool whip and dry cake mix; until well combined. Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a ice cream scoop, place a heaping scoop of the mousse on top of the cupcake.
- Drizzle with chocolate glaze.
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- Heat heavy cream, butter and semi sweet chocolate chips in microwave until melted and smooth. (About 30 seconds)
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER