Red Velvet Swirl Cheesecake
For the Crust
cups graham cracker crumbs
cup light brown sugar, packed
tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
cups granulated sugar
tablespoons all-purpose flour
large eggs, room temperature
large egg yolks, room temperature
cup heavy whipping cream
tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
tablespoon liquid red food coloring
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a medium bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom and 1inch up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 6 minutes.
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until creamy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating just until combined.
- Stir in cream.
- Spoon 1 cup of batter into a medium bowl; pour remaining batter onto prepared crust.
- To the reserved batter gently stir in the cocoa and food coloring.
- Dollop chocolate mixture over the cheesecake; use a butter knife and swirl.
- Bake for 1 hour; turn off the oven, leave cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for an additional hour.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days before serving.