Bring out the celebration in everyone with this easy to make delicious Red, White & Blue Cake Batter Popcorn party snack. Have a big bowl of it ,place it in individual buckets or bag it up as a party favor! This mix tastes like you’re eating big batch of circus cookies. 🙂
This Red, White & Blue Cake Batter Popcorn is coated with white chocolate mixed with a dry cake mix and then for a touch of tangy, sprinkled with dried cranberries and blueberries. Package the popcorn in bags and place in a bucket. A party favor everyone will enjoy!
- 1 (11 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Once the popcorn is popcorn pour onto a cookie sheet and go through to get any un popped kernels.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave.
- Stir until creamy add the cake mix, pour over popcorn.
- You can either use two spoons to mix, but I found it easier to use my fingers.
- Add sprinkles and mix.
NOTE: You can either choose to add the dried fruit at this point and coat it with the chocolate mixture or do like I did and add it after the candy has hardened.
- Mix until the popcorn is well coated.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet until candy has hardened.
- Add dried fruit.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtian