Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes | These potatoes are creamy and full of flavor. The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter. To make it easy on me I make these the day before Christmas and warm them up in the slow cooker for our Christmas dinner. A great way to use up leftover ham!
This year to lesson some of the stress of getting everything ready at the same time I chose to make these potatoes instead of mashed potatoes. I was so happy I did! Sometimes it’s nice to change up the menu a bit and the Grand kids loved them!
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced into a 1/4-inch
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, grated ( you can use also use Gouda)
- 2 - 1/4-inch slice of ham, diced (about 1/2 to 1 pound)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- Layer potatoes, salt, onion, cheese and ham.
- Repeat layers 3 times.
- Mix together the soup and 1 can filled with milk.
- Pour over potato layers.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours.
MORE SLOW COOKER SIDE DISH RECIPES