Free up your oven and make this slow cooker dressing!. You can’t tell it was baked in a slow cooker. Oven space is always an issue for me during the holidays. So I decided to try something new this year and bake my dressing in the slow cooker. I’m so glad I did! This is the way to go! It comes together in just a few minutes. Leave it and let the slow cooker do all the work. One less thing for me to worry about.
- 1 - 8X8 pan of baked corn bread, broken up into small pieces
- 1 pound loaf of French bread, cut into cubes
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 32 ounce chicken stock
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour into a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 to 4 hours
This is a LBC original!
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain.