Sometimes life can get so busy. It’s nice to know you can through something together, turn on your slow cooker, have dinner for your family and still get all your errands done. HURRAY for the slow cooker! This slow cooker spicy pineapple chicken is easy to make, sweet and spicy.
Slow Cooker ~ Spicy Pineapple Chicken
Perfect for those hot summer nights.
For the Chicken
- 5 pound whole cut up chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, cut up into large chunks
- 6 ounce bag of snow peas, trim tips
- 2 cups store bought coarsely shredded carrots
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 - 20 ounce cans pineapple chunks 100% juice, drain and reserve juice
- 1 cup green onion, cut into large slices
For the Sauce
- reserved pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 - 18 ounce jar of apricot pineapple jelly
- 4 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple hot sauce (any will do)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Thickener
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons cold water
- In a large slow cooker add together the chicken, bell pepper, snow peas, carrots, chestnuts, pineapple and green onions.
- In a medium bowl add the reserved pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, jelly, soy sauce, hot sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together and pour over vegetable mixture.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- During the last half hour of cooking, take out the chicken.
- Turn the slow cooker on high.
- In a small jar add the flour and water.
- Shake to combine and slowly stir into the juice while stirring.
- Bring up to temperature (mine was simmering) and add chicken.
This is a LBC original!
MONDAY: Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Be Mopping The Floor; Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms; The Bulletin Board @Mrs. Happy Homemaker; Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple; Market Yourself Monday @Sumos Sweet Stuff; Made By You Monday @ Skip To My Lou; Craft O Maniac Monday @ Craft O Maniac; Mix It Up Monday @ Flour Me With Love; Sunday Showcase Party @ Under The Table and Dreaming TUESDAY: Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy’s Recipe Box; Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts; Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef In Training; Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just a Housewife; Tasteful Tuesdays by Naptime Creations; Time to Sparkle Tuesday @ Inside BruCrew Life; Two Cup Tuesday @ Pint Sized Baker; All My Bloggy Friends @ Love Bakes Good Cakes; WEDNESDAY: Lil’ Luna Link Party @ Lil’ Luna; Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts; Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims; Back for Seconds Social @ Back for Seconds; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday @ Buns In My Oven; Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hungry Little Girl; Two Girls and a Party @ Life with the Crust Off; THURSDAY: Catch A Glimpse Thursday @ A Glimpse Inside; Show Me Extraordinary Link Party @ 36th Avenue; Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage; Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple; Chic and Crafty Party @ The Frugal Girls.com; Tasty Thursday’s @ The Mandatory Mooch: Thursday’s Treasures Link Party @ Chocolate, Chocolate and More FRIDAY: Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello; Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home; Pitty Party @ Thirty Handmade Days; Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm; I’m Lovin’ It Fridays @ Tidy Mom; Friday Flair @ WhipperBerry; Foodie Friday @ Simple Living with Dian Balch; What’s Shakin Link Party @ Shakin Together; Create & Inspire @ a Night Owl; SATURDAY: Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff; Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors; Best of the Weekend Party @ Little Miss Celebration; SUNDAY: Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes; Church Supper @ Everyday Moms Meals; Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Naptime; Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things;