Strawberry Cheesecake Scones: With fresh strawberries and a generous helping of cheesecake, it’s no wonder people are going crazy for this recipe. These incredibly easy to make scones are perfect for a breakfast buffet or brunch. The BEST thing about these strawberry scones (other then the delicious flavor) is they can be made ahead of time and frozen. Now that’s a bonus every hostess loves! Who wouldn’t love having cheesecake for breakfast.♥
Different Sizes or Shapes of Scones
- FOR FULL SIZE SCONES: Form the dough into an 8 inch round. Cut into triangles.
- FOR ENGLUSH SCONES: Although there is more to an English or British Scone then just the shape in this case I’m only discussing the shape. An English scone is shaped like a biscuit. This takes the guessing out of forming a scone since the shape is already predetermined by the size of the round or biscuit cutter.
Tips and Tricks for these Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Scones
- Make sure your butter is cold. In order to have flaky scones, you need cold butter (just like making flaky pie crust or homemade biscuits).
- If you’re strawberries are super wet or juicy, pat them with a paper towel to remove the extra moisture.
- Brushing the tops of the scones with heavy cream gives the strawberry scones a nice golden brown color as they bake.
- You can omit the glaze if you want, or you could add some lemon zest to the glaze to give it a brighter flavor.
Scones freeze beautifully for last minute entertaining! Once scones are cut into the desired shape (triangle, square or round) place them (raw) on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until hard (about 1 hour) Label a freezer safe zip top bag, place the frozen scones in the bag until ready to use. With this method you can bake all the scones or just a few. To bake, preheat oven according to the recipe, place frozen scones on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake (according to the recipe). I LOVE it! From freezer to oven!