The taste of FRESH strawberries and the flavor of a cheesecake all together in a scone! The perfect addition to a Buffet table, Mother’s Day Brunch, a Ladies Tea or serve an out of town guests. These strawberry cheesecake scones freeze beautifully. So make extra!
FOR DETAILED PICTURES WATCH THE SLIDE SHOW BELOW.
Strawberry Cheesecake Scones
Cheesecake for BREAKFAST!
For the Filling
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Scone Dough
- 1 cup FRESH strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, in cubes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- coarse sugar ( optional) for sprinkling
- 1 egg ( for egg wash)
For the Filling:
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice; beat until smooth.
For the Scone Dough:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle fruit with 1/2 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- In a food processor combine the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and butter until it is small crumbs.
- Pour crumb mixture into a medium size bowl, stir in fruit and cream.
- Stir dough until it holds together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few time to incorporate dry ingredients.
- On a heavily floured surface shape dough into a 9-inch square.
- Spread cheesecake mixture over the dough.
- Fold one edge into the center and over the filling.
- Fold the remaining edge completely over the center to complete the three-fold.
- Gently pat the dough into a 3-inch x 18-inch rectangle.
- Cut rectangle into 4 equal pieces.
- Using a spatula transfer a piece to the prepared cookie sheet, cut in half.
- Move one half to its position and cut half diagonally to create a triangle, separate 1-inch.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a cooling rack.
This is a LBC original!