I love the savory spices added to the meat and the honey added to the salsa in these taco burgers with tomatillo salsa.
A new way to serve your burgers! ON TORTILLAS!
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
4 - 10-inch flour tortillas
1 large tomato, sliced
2 cups tomatillo-salsa (link below)
1 cup shredded cabbage
- In a large bowl combine chili powder, cumin, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add ground beef.
- Using your hands, combine mixture gently, being careful not to over mix.
- Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch thick half moon shape patties. (about 4-inches long)
- Grill, turning once.
- Add cheese during the last 1 minute of grilling.
- Stack and wrap tortillas in foil. While patties are grilling, add tortillas to grill.
- Grill about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a burger on one half of each tortilla.
- Top with tomato, Tomatillo Salsa, and shredded cabbage.
- Fold tortillas in half over filling.
This recipe is from the BHG Grilling 2010 magazine.
Did you make this recipe? Pin it for Later!
Mention @Lady Behind the Curtain or tag #ladybehindthecurtain
I think tacos and burgers might be two of my favorite foods..putting them together sounds even better!!
I love tomatillo great idea to make a taco burger with them. Thanks for sharing this with us on foodie friday.
oh that looks delicious. I can’t wait to try the tomatillo salsa. Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friday
Sheryl these are to DIE for!
Thanks so much for sharing them at our “Best Of The Weekend party”! I have pinned this to our party board and to another large board as well. WIll share on FB & Twitter later this eve.
We hope to see you again at the next party!
Have a great weekend!
Great recipe! I came across this at Six Sisters, and I’d love to include this recipe in a roundup I am working on. All I would use is one of your pictures and give you a link-back. If you’d prefer I didn’t include you, just shoot me an email: nancy(dot)very(at)gmail(dot)com.