I love the savory spices added to the meat and the honey added to the salsa in these taco burgers with tomatillo salsa.
A new way to serve your burgers! ON TORTILLAS!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 - 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 cups tomatillo-salsa (link below)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- In a large bowl combine chili powder, cumin, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add ground beef.
- Using your hands, combine mixture gently, being careful not to over mix.
- Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch thick half moon shape patties. (about 4-inches long)
- Grill, turning once.
- Add cheese during the last 1 minute of grilling.
- Stack and wrap tortillas in foil. While patties are grilling, add tortillas to grill.
- Grill about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a burger on one half of each tortilla.
- Top with tomato, Tomatillo Salsa, and shredded cabbage.
- Fold tortillas in half over filling.
This recipe is from the BHG Grilling 2010 magazine.