This Watercress Steak Salad is packed with vitamins, protein and delicious flavor. Perfect for a light dinner or lunch.
This was my first time trying Watercress. I loved the peppery flavor. It reminded me of radishes. Not grassy tasting at all just peppery with a little bite. This Watercress Steak Salad offers lots of different ingredients like tomatoes, pears, peppery watercress, juicy slices of steak and chunks of mozzarella cheese all topped with a wonderful vinaigrette.
Watercress Steak Salad
For the Steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 pound) sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad
- 2 (4 ounce) packages of watercress
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 16 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
For the Steak:
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Season sliced steak with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Cook until done or if you desire some pink cook until the level you desire is reached and set aside.
For the Dressing:
- Add the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper into a small jar.
- Shake hard to combine.
For the Salad:
- In a large bowl add the cleaned watercress, sliced pear, tomatoes and steak.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Fold in cheese.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE LIGHT RECIPES