Anytime there’s a game day party you know there’s going to be wings served. Wings are possibly the most popular game day food whether you’re in a sports bar or at home. These Cajun Hot Wings can be made the day before your party and re-heated on the grill or in the oven the day of.
Serve these Cajun Hot Wings with some Cooling Cucumber Sauce. Put a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup cucumber (peeled), 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, 2 tablespoons green onion and 1/4 teaspoon of salt into a blender and blend until smooth. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- 12 chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place pieces in a resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl combine the hot pepper sauce, chili paste, melted butter, Cajun seasoning, vinegar and salt.
- Transfer half of the marinade to a storage container to use later.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken wings.
- Seal bag; turn to coat chicken.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 15-10-1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Drain chicken wings, discarding marinade.
- Place chicken in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, turn over and bake an additional 30 minutes or until all pink is gone.
- Pour remaining sauce in a large bowl, add cooked wings and toss in sauce to coat.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain