This is not your typical cherry pie. These Cherry Pie Pops are full of cherries and encased in a pie crust and baked NOT fried! Perfect to celebrate Memorial Day, 4th of July, Western theme party or a Backyard Barbecue. Simple to make, fun to look at and delicious to eat!
These Cherry Pie Pops look like you worked hard on them. I can be our little secret. They’ll never know you used store bought pie dough and canned cherry pie filling.
Cherry Pie Pops
- 1 (15 ounce) box (2) 9-inch pie crusts
- 1 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the dough; use a 3-inch circle cutter and cut out a total of 12 circles per pie crust.
- Place 6 circles on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place lollipop stick in the center of the circle with the tip in the middle.
- Mix together the egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Brush the egg wash around the edges.
- In the center of each circle place 1 tablespoon or 3 cherries of filling.
- Place another circle on top and press closed.
- Using another lollipop stick press down the edges.
- With a pastry brush. Brush on the egg wash, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Using a sharp knife, cut air vents.
- Bake 23 minutes.
“This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.”