These Cherry Cabernet Brownies are decadent with chewy dried cherries. Serve with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. These Cherry Cabernet Brownies are decadent with chewy dried cherries. Serve with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
I made these for my Christmas Party Dessert Table this year. Everyone couldn’t get enough of these Cherry Cabernet Brownies. They didn’t want to leave without the recipe. 🙂
Cherry Cabernet Brownies
For the Cherry Cabernet Brownies
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Red Wine Ganache
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Cabernet Sauvignon
For the Cherry Cabernet Brownies:
- In a small saucepan combine dried cherries and wine.
- Bring just to boiling; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil; spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir butter and chocolate over low heat until melted.
- Add sugar and stir until combined.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Stir in UNDRAINED cherries.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until edges start to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Red Wine Ganache over UNCUT brownies.
- Let stand about 2 hours or until set.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
For the Red Wine Ganache:
- In a small heavy saucepan combine chocolate, butter and wine.
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
This recipe was adapted from the BHG Brownies & Bars 2013 magazine
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain