This spaghetti pie reminds of lasagna with a twist.
This is a great recipe for your leftover spaghetti sauce. I always make too much sauce and end up with a couple of containers in the freezer. A quick and easy meal your kids will love.
A great way to use up your extra spaghetti sauce.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups your favorite cheese, shredded ( I used Fontina and Harvarti) divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 cups sauce ( I used leftover sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water.
- While pasta is cooking prepare your cheese mixture.
- Combine the ricotta, 1 cup shredded cheese, egg, pepper and parsley.
- When pasta is done, drain and pour into cheese mixture.
- Stir until mixed together and the cheese is melted.
- Stir in sauce.
- Add olive oil to a 12-inch iron skillet or an oven proof skillet and pour in the spaghetti mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, add the remaining 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted about 10 minutes.
This is a LBC original!