Since these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls don’t need yeast you can have these filling your home with the aroma of cinnamon rolls in no time.
One day I wanted to make something special for my family and these caramel apple cinnamon rolls are what I came up with. These are truly a treat! Something special to serve for breakfast to your guests, for a Continental Breakfast or a Brunch! These caramel apple cinnamon rolls require NO yeast which makes this recipe VERY easy to make!
For the Filling:
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted nuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (ice cream topping)
For the Cinnamon Roll Dough:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Core, peel and chop apples.
- In a sauce pan sauté apples with 2 Tablespoons of butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- When sugar has melted sprinkle flour over apples until thickened.
- Add the caramel sauce and toasted nuts.
- Meanwhile make the cinnamon roll dough by mixing together the flour, baking powder and salt. Blend in the shortening, when blended mix in milk.
- Roll dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and brush on the rectangle.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Spread the apple mixture on top making sure to cover the entire area.
- Roll in a long tube cut in half, then the halves in half then again until you have 8 rolls.
- Spray a muffin tin with no stick cooking spray, take the cinnamon rolls and push them into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 425 degrees.
- TIP: When serving add a drizzle of caramel sauce over the top of the rolls. YUMMY!!!
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain