Does your family have a “favorite” cake? Make this Gooey Caramel Cake and they will quickly have a “NEW” favorite cake.
Don’t you just love a cake you can make with a cake mix PLUS you don’t have to make frosting? And that’s not even the best part. The BEST part is this cake gooey caramel cake is…
Backyard barbecues, picnic in the park or church social. This cake is perfect for any occasion.
Gooey Caramel Cake
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounce bag milk chocolate coated toffee bits
- 13.4 ounce dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk)
- whipped cream (I used cool whip)
- caramel topping (I used ice cream topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom and side of a 13 x 9 -inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- Beat cake mix, flour, water, oil and eggs on low 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee bits.
- Pour into pan.
- Reserve 1/2 cup dulce de leche.
- Spoon remaining dulce de leche by the teaspoonful onto batter.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- Drop reserved dulce de leche by the spoonful over top of cake and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. (NOTE: I reserved some of the toffee bits to sprinkle on each individual serving)
- Cool about 1 hour before serving.
- Top each serving with whipped cream and caramel topping.
NOTE: If you can't find chocolate covered toffee bits you can also use crushed chocolate-covered English toffee candy bars. This recipe was adapted from the Betty Crocker Fix with a Mix Desserts Cookbook.