This crowd pleasing slow cooker loaded potatoes are perfect any occasion. Creamy, smoky and full of cheese flavor. Make this slow cooker loaded potatoes dish the night before for an easy make ahead side dish.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled , sliced 1/4-inch
- 6 ounces bacon, cut into bite size pieces, fried
- 1 tablespoon reserved bacon drippings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- Divided potatoes into 3 portions.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup milk and sour cream.
- Layer one portion of potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 cup sour cream mixture, 1/3 or the bacon, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 1/3 of the green onions.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- Drizzle reserved bacon drippings over potatoes.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup milk along the inside edges of the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir as needed.
This is a LBC original!