Making a candy bar just got super easy! This krispy treat chocolate roll also has peanut butter which makes it taste like a candy bar. a wonderful way to change up the classic rice krispy treat.
Krispy Treat Chocolate Roll
Fun for kids to makes!
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups nutella
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; spray lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt marshmallows, butter and peanut butter, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour cereal mixture into prepared pan and press into pan. NOTE: If the mixture is sticking to your hands spray them with the non stick cooking spray.
- Spread hazel nut spread over cereal mixture to within 1-inch of the edges.
- Starting with the longest side, roll up jelly roll fashion, peeling foil away from the cereal mixture.
- Wrap roll in foil or plastic wrap.
- Store in refrigerator, seam side down, about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch slices.
This recipe was adapted from the Pillsbury Simple summer Recipes Mini Cookbook 1990
MORE GREAT KRISPY TREAT RECIPES