Creamy nougat, salty peanuts and crunchy rice cereal. These Pay Day Krispy Bars are such a TREAT! (no pun intended 🙂 ) The perfect take along dessert. PERFECT at room temperature. A dessert not only kids will love but adults too!
- 3 cups salted peanuts (no skins), divided (16 ounce container)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Place 1-1/2 cups peanuts in the bottom of an ungreased 7 x 11-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and peanut butter chips.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the condensed milk and marshmallows.
- Stir until smooth and combined.
- Add cereal and mix until coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour cereal mixture over peanuts in pan.
- Coat hands with non stick cooking spray, evenly distribute the cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1-1/2 cups peanuts over top of mixture and press firmly.
- Leave on the counter in the pan to cool completely before lifting out of pan and cutting into bars.
This is a LBC original!
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain