I love how these potato fans look on a buffet table. So elegant yet so easy to make. Add sour cream and bacon bits for loaded potato fans! 🙂
Topped with lots of melted butter and herbs these potato fans add just the right amount of fun to a table. Perfect for a last minute side dish.
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/8-inch slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom.
TIP - If you don't trust yourself to NOT cut through to the bottom of the potato. Place a chop stick on each side of the potato and let the thickness of the chop stick guide you down as far as you need to go.
- Fan potatoes slightly and place in a baking dish.
- Mix together the melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over prepared potatoes.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until fork tender.
- Toss together the cheese and herbs; sprinkle over baked potatoes.
- Bake and additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain