Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp. A sophisticated appetizer with lumps of crab all encased in a jumbo shrimp. This holiday appetizer takes entertaining up to the next level. Whether you’re planning a Christmas party or New Year’s Eve party—bring the taste of summer to your party with this delicious crab cake stuffed shrimp appetizer.
How to make Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp
For the Shrimp:
- Using a sharp knife and staring at the tail end, butterfly each shrimp.
- Place each butterflied shrimp on prepared pan, pressing to flatten.
- Form about 3 tablespoons crab mixture into an ball.
- Place on top of shrimp, pressing the shrimp tail over the crab.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp and crab mixture.
For the Stuffing:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 5 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add bell pepper, remaining 5 tablespoons butter, wine and garlic. Cook until tender (about 4 minutes).
- In a large bowl, add crab meat, onion mixture, cracker crumbs, panko, red pepper, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Squeeze fresh lemon juice over cooked appetizer.
- Serve immediately.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- COUNTRY SHRIMP BOIL PARTY
- BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP
- SEMI HOMEMADE SHRIMP TACOS WITH ROASTED CORN SLAW
- SOUTHWEST SHRIMP STEW
- PICNIC SHRIMP
- SHRIMP BOIL BURGERS
- MARSALA RISOTTO WITH HERBED SHRIMP
MORE HOLIDAY APPETIZER RECIPES TO GO WITH YOUR CRAB CAKE STUFFED SHRIMP
- WHITE BEAN AND ARTICHOKE SPREAD
- BACON RANCH PINWHEEL APPETIZERS
- CRAB CAKE STUFFED SHRIMP
- FRUIT AND CHEESE PUFFS
- CREAM CHEESE AND OLIVE PECAN BITES
- STUFFED GRAPES