Are you are maple bar fiend? If so then you have got to try these Apple Cider Maple Spice Cupcakes pronto!
Okay, so these Apple Cider Maple Spice Cupcakes aren’t maple bars but they sure tastes like they are. The cupcake is light and fluffy and the frosting is so good you’re going to want to lick it off first. 🙂
Apple Cider Maple Spice Cupcakes
Like you're eating a Maple Bar!
For the Cupcakes
- 1 spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups apple cider
For the Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake tin with 24 cupcake wrappers.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, eggs and apple cider.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake wells two-thirds full and bake 19 to 24 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack.
For the Frosting:
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the syrup, extract, pumpkin spice and sugar.
- Mix on low for a minute and then on high until creamy.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.
NOTE: If your frosting is too thick you may add water but only a teaspoon at a time.
DOUBLE FROSTING: THIS FROSTING RECIPE IS ONLY FOR 12 CUPCAKES.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain