Spiced Apple Cupcakes | Kick off the Fall with the best apple cupcakes! With lots of Fall spices, shredded apples and a creamy delicious cinnamon cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are the perfect treat to take to a Fall gathering like a school carnival cake walk. Want the most popular booth at the bake sale? Then take these cupcakes! More great treats for a bake sale would be…. Candy Apple Cupcake In a Jar, Circus Animal Puppy Chow or Carnival Soda Can Cupcakes.
Get a jump on all your Fall baking….these cupcakes freeze beautifully!
MORE FALL DESSERT RECIPES
Spiced Apple Cupcakes with Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Frosting
Cookie dough frosting!
For the Cupcakes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups apples, shredded
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting recipe
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with 24 paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs on at a time and the vanilla.
- Alternate the flour and apple juice in the butter mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded apples.
- Fill lined muffin cups equally divided into 24 cupcakes ( I use an ice cream scoop).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Follow directions for the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.