Do you LOVE chocolate or do you know someone who does? These double chocolate brownie stuffed cookies will leave you on a chocolate high!
A VERY decadent flavorful cookie that has three levels to it. The crunchy outside the gooey brownie and then the creamy candy bar filling.
WHAT A COOKIE!
ALSO A GREAT WAY TO USE UP LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CANDY!
9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
9 snack size candy bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, melt 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, the unsweetened chocolate, and the butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Set mixture aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Beat chocolate mixture and sugar on medium until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, and mix until completely combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt, and beat until just incorporated.
- Stir in the remaining 4 ounces semisweet chocolate and the nuts.
- Cut each snack size candy bar in half ( Tip: I used creamy filled or caramel filled candy bars)
- Place 1 tablespoon of cookie batter on parchment lined cookie sheet ( about 12), then add a half piece of a candy bar, press into the batter.
- Top with another tablespoon of cookie batter.
- Using your fingers, spread the batter over the candy bar making sure the candy is completely covered.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer parchment and cookies to cool completely on wire rack.
Did you make this recipe? Pin it for Later!
Mention @Lady Behind the Curtain or tag #ladybehindthecurtain
MORE LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CANDY RECIPES
1. LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CANDY BLONDIES 2. CANDY BAR POPS
Sheryl, these look incredible delicious and a chocolate lover’s dream – I know one in my house who would love these! Thanks for sharing your recipe and pinning! Have a great Tuesday!