These easy to make Microwave Vanilla Krispy Treats have a few changes. Like everyone I have been making Rice Krispy Treats since the beginning of time and being the AWESOME grandma that I am 🙂 I decided to make some for my granddaughters FULL OF SPRINKLES! You know my motto EVERYTHING is better with SPRINKLES!
This time I did several things differently. First, (this is my favorite NEW step) I started by melting my butter and marshmallows in the microwave and added vanilla. Then I had a bag of mini marshmallows that only had a cup in it so I decided to add those whole without melting them. With my NEW steps I not only simplified the making process but I added a couple more layers of flavor with the additions of vanilla and whole mini marshmallows.
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Measure cereal into a bowl and set aside.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the butter and marshmallows.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir... continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until the marshmallows and butter are melted and creamy (about 1 minute and 30 seconds).
- Add vanilla, stir until combined.
- Pour measured cereal into marshmallow bowl, stir until almost combined; add the sprinkles and mini marshmallows; continue stirring until heated marshmallow mixture has coated all the cereal.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, press cereal into dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain