Halloween Graham Cracker House Cake Topper: Let your imagination go wild and create your own unique Halloween gingerbread (graham cracker) house cake topper. With simple tips to help you create one of your favorite Halloween party decorations, your guests will be talking about your cake for years.
Use as a Halloween Decoration or Activity
Put together kits for a fun kids Halloween Party Activity OR….make one for each of your guests and place them at each place setting. There are so many uses for this fun Halloween Graham Cracker House. MAKE A SPOOKY HAUTED HOUSE OR KEEP IT FRIENDLY.
Different Construction Ideas
HOW TO MAKE A HALLOWEEN GRAHAM CRACKER HOUSE CAKE TOPPER
Christmas Mini Graham Cracker House Cake Topper
PLANNING A HALLOWEEN PARTY? SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MY ENTIRE HALLOWEEN PARTY DECORATION COLLECTION ( all designed by me)
MORE HALLOWEEN PARTY TREATS
- 5 Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 1 (12 ounce) bag black melting candy
- optional: 1 tablespoon shortening
- assorted decorations (sprinkles, pretzels, candy, cereal)
- Squeeze Bottle
- good serrated knife
- Tweezers (for placing sprinkles)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- BLACK CANDY MELTS: In a microwave safe bowl heat the candy melts and shortening 1 minute on high, stir until creamy. If the candy is not completely melted continue heating in 30 second increments at 60% heat.
- Pour melted candy into a squeeze bottle fitted with a narrow tip. Wilton makes good ones that can be found at Walmart, Michaels or any store that sells Wilton products. Set aside and make your walls. This will give the candy time to cool down a bit before using. Letting the candy cool will eliminate dripping.
- FRONT, BACK WALLS AND ROOF: Cut 1-inch off the top of FOUR crackers.
- FOR SIDE WALLS: Cut one cracker in half width wise along the perforated part.
- Hold one of the walls next to the front or back wall. This will give you an indication of where to cut the peak. The cut will start at the top of the side wall.
- On one side, cut from the side (top of the side wall) to the top center, repeat on the other side. Lay cut piece on top of uncut back wall and cut.
- If you end up with jagged edges, use a micro planer or grater to clean the edges.
- HOUSE CONSTRUCTION: Squeeze melted candy to the inside sides of the front wall with the peak. Add side walls, repeat for the back wall. Press with your hands to hold the house together for a minute. Set aside to harden ( about 5 minutes) on a piece of parchment or wax paper. NOTE: the house won't be completely hardened so still be careful. Add melted candy to the peaks and add roof pieces. Hold in place a few minutes or until the roof is adhered and will not slip. Place the house in the refrigerator to harden (about 10 minutes).
- Once the candy has hardened IT'S TIME TO DECORATE!
- HAVE FUN!