Whenever I look at these Wicked Witch Finger Halloween Pretzels it reminds of the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz. “I’ll get you my pretty”…… in all her green glory. Simple but quite affective for her time. At least it was to me as a small child glued to the television watching the movie. These pretzels are the perfect Halloween Party Dessert treat!
To make these Wicked Witch Finger Halloween Pretzels appear creepy I added a thicker layer of the melted chocolate to just the top of the pretzel. It made the fingers look like they had veins. I also brushed cocoa on the fingernail and finger to make it look dirty and old.
Add these pretzels to your Halloween Pinterest Board. Don’t have a Halloween board? Let me help you build one.
LOOK BELOW FOR A LIVE INTERACTIVE PEEK AT MY HALLOWEEN BOARD! PIN FROM THE PICTURES BELOW! TO SEE MORE CLICK ON THE SEE ON PINTEREST BUTTON.
ADD SOME DIRT TO THE FINGERS!
And like that you have created some creepy Wicked Witch Finger Halloween Pretzels.
Wicked Witch Finger Halloween Pretzels
- pretzel rods
- lime green candy melts or the NEW caramel apple flavored
- sliced almonds
- cocoa powder
- small paint brush
- optional: shortening
- Put a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Go through the sliced almonds to find the "perfect" fingernails and set aside.
- Pour candy in a microwave safe bowl or jar.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir, microwave again, stir, keep going until the candy is melted and creamy.
NOTE: The candy may be too thick...I added shortening to thin out the candy.
- Once the candy is melted and coating consistency, use a spoon and coat the pretzel rod with candy, tap on the edge of the bowl to get rid of any excess candy.
- Lay on prepared cookie sheet and add an almond.
- Place the finished pretzels in the refrigerator to harden.
- Once chocolate has hardened, use a spoon and add a thick layer on the top in a squiggly line. Place back in the refrigerator to harden.
- When last layer of chocolate is hardened use a paint brush and dust on cocoa.
NOTE: Make sure you also add cocoa to the fingernails (almonds).
NOTE: THESE COULD ALSO BE ZOMBIE FINGERS!