Nothing like a cool crisp salad to cool you down on a hot summer evening. There is something for everyone in this Southwestern Salad. So hearty, all you need is a side of meat to complete your meal.
- 8 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes ,halved
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 2 cups grilled corn pieces
- 1 cup whole, pitted small black olives
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- 2 cups avocado, cubed
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- garnish: crispy tortilla strips or corn chips
- In a large bowl lightly toss together, iceberg lettuce, green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, carrots, grilled corn, black olives, onion, avocado and cheese. Serve with Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- Garnish with tortilla strips.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain