The summer heat is coming! This cool and refreshing Tropical Pineapple Wedge Candy is the perfect way to celebrate summer without turning on the oven. I call Pineapple Natures Candy. My husband always makes fun of me because every time I take my first bite of fresh pineapple I say “Mmmm tastes like candy”. HA! Oh well.
Are you planning a luau, pool party or beach them party? This Tropical Pineapple Wedge Candy is PERFECT! Sweet Pineapple dipped in dark chocolate and then dipped in toasted coconut. The chocolate I used for these wedges was from Chocoley Chocolate. Seriously they have the BEST chocolate for dipping. The perfect ending to a great meal.
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spread coconut evenly on a rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into wedges
- dark chocolate, melted
- toasted coconut
- Line the counter with paper towels and lay the cut pineapple on top.
- Put another layer of paper towels on top of the pineapple wedges.
- Press to soak up extra juice.
- Let sit for an hour.
- Change paper towels at 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip one side of the wedge in the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on melted chocolate.
- Place wedges standing up on prepared cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until melted chocolate has hardened.
- Store pineapple wedges in an airtight container with wax paper between layers until ready to serve.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain