Okay so I have a little cheesecake problem and these Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are just what I needed. First, I started with my awesome PECAN LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIE recipe for the crust. Because blueberry and lemon go together like peanut butter and jelly. PERFECT!
I was in a time crunch and needed something quick. Then I remembered I had some pecan lemon shortbread cookie dough in the freezer leftover from the LEMON PECAN SANDWICH COOKIE BITES I made for a ladies luncheon.
PRESTO! The best Blueberry Cheesecake Bars EVER!
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
- 1 pecan lemon pecan shortbread cookie recipe
For the Filling
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press 1 1/2 cups of lemon pecan shortbread cookie dough into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 12 minutes.
For the Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and flour until creamy.
- Spoon over crust and evenly spread.
- Combine blueberry pie filling and cornstarch, spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on remaining cookie dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbling and browned.
This recipe is from Lady behind The Curtain