Chocolate Pie Dough | When it comes to pie dough think outside the box and make a dark chocolate pie crust. Chocolate goes with so many flavors of pie. Like pecan, pumpkin, cherry and strawberry. You can also use this dough recipe to make a tart or a cheesecake crust! This recipe is big enough to make two pies. That way you can make a peanut butter pie and a fruit pie at the same time. Or only make one and freeze half of the dough for later. Before you go on I must let you know….this is just a recipe. Since the Chocolate Pie Dough can be used in many different types of pies or pastries the baking time will vary with each recipe.
This is not a sweet dough more like the sweetness of a chocolate wafer cookie only a dough.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor; add the flour, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- Pulse a couple of time to combine.
- Add the shortening and butter; pulse to break them up.
- In a slow stream add the cold water.
- Stop mixing when the dough comes together.