Make a “touchdown” with these Chewy Peanut Brittle Brownies! Full of so much flavor your game watches might get a “holding” penalty for not sharing.
Make sure to double the recipe. I took these to a Tailgating party and they were gone almost before I could get them unwrapped. Of course any dessert that starts with peanut brittle is going to be good in my book. Plus adding a salty element like pretzels gives these Chewy Peanut Brittle Brownies a salted caramel taste without making caramel!
These brownies are delicious in so many ways. Starting with the crust; melted butter mixed with pretzels, peanut brittle and brown sugar all pressed in the bottom of a pan. OH MY! 🙂
Then there’s the filling! More butter, peanut brittle, brown sugar and marshmallows!
Then all of this is baked to perfection!
If that wasn’t enough these Chewy Peanut Brittle Brownies are drizzled with caramel ice cream topping plus sprinkled with more pretzels!
Now that your mouth is watering make sure you add these Chewy Peanut Brittle Brownies to this weeks menu.
Chewy Peanut Brittle Brownies
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil making sure the foil hangs off the ends and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan heat butter until melted.
- Stir in the pretzel pieces, peanut brittle and brown sugar.
- Pour pretzel mixture into prepared pan and press evenly onto the bottom; set aside.
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in small portions until combined.
- Stir in the peanut brittle and marshmallows.
- Carefully spread mixture over the crust layer.
- Bake25 to 28 minutes or until top is evenly brown or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Lift out of pan using the foil.
- Peel foil from the bars and cut into 24 bars.
If desired drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and sprinkle on broken pretzel pieces.
MORE BAR RECIPES
1. BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS 2. PINEAPPLE PIE FILLING OATMEAL BARS 3. MAPLE NUT PIE BARS